Junior Medical Staff (JMS) Awards
Monash Health offers a range of JMS Awards to recognise exceptional junior doctors.
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in clinical practice and patient centred care
- Promote understanding, manage differences and resolve conflicts in the workplace
- Encourage and supports the learning of others
- Demonstrate compassion/concern for colleagues
Individual awards are presented for the following categories:
- Intern of the Year
- HMO or Registrar of the Year for each of the following:
- Medicine stream (includes General Medicine, Specialty Medicine and Sub-acute Medicine)
- Surgery stream (includes General and Specialty Surgery)
- Mental Health stream
- Women’s and Newborn stream
- Children’s stream
- Critical Care stream (includes Emergency Medicine, Intensive Care and Anaesthetics)
Nominations for 2019
(Opens a form within SurveyMonkey).
All nominations will be treated anonymously. You can nominate as many junior medical staff as you like; however, we ask that you nominate a person only once for the award.
Nominations are open till 30th October 2019.
- An engraved medal;
- An invitation to meet with the Chief Executive;
- Announcement at the Senior Medical Staff Association Annual Dinner;
- Collation of anonymous feedback from nominations;
- Prize money.
The JMS Awards are funded from donations from medical staff associations.
Winners will be announced in December 2019.
Please forward any queries to: Abi.firstname.lastname@example.org