Credentialing and defining scope of practice of medical staff policy documents
Monash Health will ensure that the health care professionals it employs or engages are appropriately credentialed and have their scope of clinical practice defined.
Purpose and Rationale
To inform Monash Health medical staff of the process of credentialing and defining scope of clinical practice for delivering safe, effective and person
This policy covers the following aspects:
- Reporting & auditing
- Recredentialing and planned review of individual scope of practice
- Temporary Service
- Emergency Situations
- New Clinical/Interventional Procedure or Technology
- Unplanned Review of Credentials and/or Scope of Practice
- Suspension of defined scope of practice
- Appeals Process
- Credentialing of registrars and fellows (working in procedural areas) for independent practice
Submission of Application for Committee
Please complete application and scope of practice by applying via the C.Gov application link listed below. The system will record your details, and request key documents to support your application for credentialing along with requested scope of practice.
For more information, please contact MonashDoctors_Credentialling@monashhealth.org or contact our office (03) 9594 2547.